There are a couple of reasons why you may want to return the Nectar mattress. Our first guess is that you recently pulled the trigger on this bed, but you are beginning to think that it’s not the perfect mattress for you. Don’t worry, this happens.
Second, although this is not so common, there are times when the mattress may fail to expand to its intended size and firmness level after removing it from the box. Again, this is not your problem, and you didn’t do anything wrong.
Also, you could be on the verge of purchasing this bed after reading our Nectar Mattress Review, but the thought of your body not adjusting to it holds you back. Sure, your fear is justified.
Whatever your reason, we have to agree that being stuck with a mattress that does not meet your sleep needs is a big issue both economically and health-wise.
You’re on luck’s side, though, as Nectar Sleep’s 1-year trial period implies.
Nectar’s 365-night trial
One of the selling points of the Nectar mattress is its market-leading 365-night trial period. Just as it sounds, Nectar Sleep allows you to test the bed for a full year before deciding whether to keep it or not. This is plenty of time that you won’t see with other mattress brands.
Although the body takes 2 to 3 months to adjust to a new mattress, we think having a few more months is great to cater for any eventualities. After all, there are a lot of things that can happen in a year, right?
Free Return- but is it so easy?
Besides the 365-night trial period, another promise that gets most people hooked on this mattress is the breezy and free returns that Nectar gives. This manufacturer actually says that should you want to return the mattress, they will work closely with you to find a local donation center to take the mattress.
This makes it sound so easy, but is it? We’ve seen other brands gaming the system even after guaranteeing breezy returns. How is it like to deal with Nectar Sleep?
Let’s find out!
Note the Terms that Apply
If you are excited by the promise of easy returns alone, you’re very likely not to pay much attention to the terms and conditions section.
Nectar Sleep explains that unless your mattress meets all of the conditions stipulated in that list, then it’s not eligible for a return. At this point, it’s almost definite that the return process won’t be as simple as pie.
Here is a summary of the terms.
- To initiate the return process for an opened Nectar mattress, you need to have had it for between 30 and 365 days after delivery. Nectar Sleep recommends taking the first 30 days to test the bed and allow the body to adjust.
- If you have not opened your mattress yet, you can start the return process immediately after delivery. Keep in mind that if you fail to open the mattress within the first 90 days, the manufacturer will deem that as misuse of the bed, and you may not qualify for a refund or exchange.
- For the mattress to qualify for a return or exchange, you need to have used it on an appropriate frame, base, or foundation.
- The Fire Safety verification tag on the mattress should still be intact.
Here is another requirement that grabbed our team’s attention,
- The mattress needs to be in a condition that donation centers can accept. That’s to say that only a mattress with normal wear and tear will be accepted. Worth noting, the determination of the extent of ‘damage’ on the bed is solely on Sleep Nectar’s discretion.
So, how to return the Nectar mattress? Follow these steps:
If you feel that your mattress meets all the above recommendations, then you’re ready to initiate the return process.
- This begins with contacting Nectar Sleep either by emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving their customer care team a call at 1-888-425-4854, or engaging their agents on the chat feature on Nectar Sleep website.
While all of these contact methods seem to work these days, most people report that they have had much better results by chatting with the agents on the website, probably because you’ll be ‘talking to a human’ as Nectar says.
To start a conversation with the agent, you’re required to put your name, email address, and phone number first. We recommend providing the same information that you used when purchasing the mattress to avoid even the slightest hint of confusion.
- Upon receiving your request to return the mattress, the agent will ask you to provide your order number. Note that how soon you get the response may vary on the method of communication. If you’re having a direct conversation with the agent either by phone or web live chat feature, this may be almost in an instant. However, if you’re leaving a message on either of the 3 methods, Nectar Sleep says that they try to respond within 24 hours.
- When they get back to you, they will need you to provide clear photographs that show the condition of the mattress. The essence of this is to ensure that the mattress meets the terms. As awkward as it may seem, failure to submit these photos alongside any other form of documentation that the agents ask for within 30 days will nullify your return request, and you’ll need to start the process again from scratch.
- After they have verified the images, they will send you a link to a list with survey questions, which also must be completed for the actual Nectar mattress return process to kick off.
- Remember what the manufacturer said about working with you to get a donation center that will receive the mattress? Well, that isn’t as easy as it sounds.
Actually, what happens is that a partner from a charity near you will be sent to your place to check the condition of the mattress physically. Depending on the state of the bed, the agent may accept or decline the request to return it, and that decision is final. If the agent rules out the option of taking the mattress, you are stuck with it forever. Nectar Sleep says that they won’t accept it back or make a refund.
All is not lost, though. Nectar Sleep offers you two more attempts to return the mattress. You may be in luck to get a donation center to accept the bed in the condition it is in. So, be sure to try your luck in this.
- On the other hand, if the partner accepts the mattress, the mattress will be collected and taken away. Later, the donation center will notify Nectar of the receipt, and the process to refund your money will begin. This may take up to 14 more days.
How much will you get as a refund?
Nectar promises to refund the entire amount that you paid for the mattress. However, if you purchased the mattress using a promotional code, you won’t receive the dollar value for the code. Also, any shipping fees and White Glove Service fees that you may have incurred during the entire process won’t be credited back.
Final words on how to return the Nectar Mattress
In our opinion, returning the Nectar mattress for a refund is easy, but it’s not as smooth as the manufacturer wants to make it look like on their website. If you are planning to splurge on this mattress, we recommend that you use it on a supportive base, frame, or foundation to prevent any possible damage just in case you want to return it down the road.
Also, ensure that the mattress isn’t affected by molds and bedbugs, as these are some of the significant reasons why donation centers may refuse to take your bed.
Lastly, if it’s becoming hard to reach Nectar Sleep to launch a return request, by all means, you might want to make a complaint with Better Business Bureau (BBB). We’ve seen Nectar responding to complaints in a few days after dissatisfied buyers did this.